I am so excited to be posting this recipe. I tried it on Monday and it is delicious and it's halfway my own recipe! Here it is!
Barbecue Chicken Pizza
2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1 pizza crust (I used Pillsbury)
Spread DCD Sweet and Smoky Chocolate BBQ Sauce over crust...I like it so I used around 1/2 cup and mixed 1/4 cup with the chicken
1-2 tbsp of DCD Sweet and Spicy Cocoa Rub
1 red onion, chopped
1 block of shredded Colby cheese ( or could use mozzarella)
Small amount of cornmeal
ok, I know my instructions are a little vague, but I'm not used to this cooking thing.
1. Cook the chicken and rub the cocoa rub on it. I cooked my chicken in the circle pit all day, by you could cook it in the skillet with the rub. I doubt you could mess this up.
2.Mix the chicken with 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce. Or more of you want a more smoky taste
3. Mix in the onions.
4. Roll out the pizza dough on parchment paper sprinkled with the cornmeal. And for the record, that cornmeal is NECESSARY!!
5. Grease the pan with olive oil and spread the dough out in it.
6. Spread the BBQ sauce on the dough. Top with about half the cheese.
7. Place the chicken mixture on top and add the rest of the cheese.
8. Bake at 500 for 12-15 minutes.
9. Top with cilantro of desired
That's it! Easy!! I'm not very good at keeping record of what I do when I'm cooking. I just throw it together and hope for the best.
I will be making this again soon!!